Friday, April 4, 2008

Blessed


Bert has been under the weather this week. And has decided sleep is not for him. It has been a trying week. Here is a little story from the late nights of this week that make it all worth wild. Last night Bert decided 4am was a good time to get up and play. I went into his bedroom and held him for a bit while I rocked him hoping he would fall fast asleep. Little did I know he had a visitor. We have always had a feeling about Bert's bedroom and we have always said there is something greater then we understand with him. I think i finally figured it out. He had a little visitor. As I sat there rocking him almost in tears due to exhaustion he started talking to the corner of his room behind the rocker. Not babble but actually talking, and then he started smiling. It was almost as if he was playing peek-a-boo. All at once I felt a calm come over myself and as he laid his head back on my shoulder he just smiled and a little giggle came out. Now I know being really tired you start to feel things that probably aren't there. I really felt like Nana was with us and talking to Bert. The last week has been a tough one with many questions going through my head about the new baby on the way and if we can actually manage. Along with the sleepless nights, fear got the best of me. At that moment I really felt Nana's presence and her calming hand letting me know it will be all right. It's odd how Bert has never met Nana but probably knows her better then I ever did. It's wonderful to know we have a angel looking over us.

Hope this find everone well!

1 comment:

Souza Sisters said...

Ok this brought me to tears... I can't tell you how many nights I would pray to her. Especailly in the beginning... We are so lucky to have her watching over us!! Love the picture of you guys!! That's at my house!! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!! Love ya!!